Account Manager: The Standard, Dallas TX
February 16, 2020 by N/A
Support business growth, profitability and retention by developing and maintaining an effective account management strategy for assigned accounts within an Employee Benefits Sales and Service office and its detached offices. Assigned groups will typically include cases over 500 lives with complicated plan designs, sensitive or problematic administrative issues, multiple divisions and locations or groups assigned to key producers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage effective primary relationships with key policyholders and producers through frequent on-site visits, professional negotiation, responsive communication, problem resolution and meeting customer expectations. Work with clients to understand their concerns and needs and act as liaison between home office departments and the customers to initiate plan improvements and resolve administrative inconsistencies. Prior to each renewal, organize a face-to-face visit with key identified clients to present an analysis of claims experience and/or review the adequacy of the contract in order to recommend coverage or contractual changes to appropriately affect their experience and/or rates. When changes are requested, manage the amendment process for assigned accounts.
- In partnership with the assigned sales rep and underwriter, monitor renewal activity and prepare to present renewals with a customized strategy to retain the account. In preparation, gather underwriting data, review claims experience, review the recommended renewal action and prepare a summary justifying the renewal and recommending changes if appropriate. Incorporate information gathered from the pre-renewal visit with the policyholder or broker. Negotiate rates, contract provisions and administrative issues with Regional or National Accounts. Aggressively pursue opportunities to improve profitability and retention
- Identify and promote the sale of additional lines of coverage or plan improvements on assigned block of business whenever possible. Promote new product offerings and new product features. Highlight the advantages of placing the coverage with our company. Request and review inforce proposal requests, providing all appropriate information to Regional or National Accounts, and present or assist in the presentation of the proposal to the broker and/or policyholder. Follow expectations for tracking activity in designated software program.
- Be actively involved with the sales rep and/or National Accounts Consultant in the acquisition, submission and implementation of National Accounts cases and Regional Accounts cases over 500 lives. Lead and coordinate the submission, set up and installation of assigned new groups with the policyholder, producer and home office. Provide similar support to new administrators at assigned inforce accounts. Facilitate the enrollment process, which may involve preparation of enrollment materials, conducting enrollment meetings or being present at benefit fairs.
- Serve as mentor with all service and sales employees in the office on service issues.
- Support company initiatives by implementing changes and/or participating on project work. Other duties as assigned – Participate in various projects or initiatives. Perform other duties as required by Manager.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Experience: Minimum three to five years of progressively responsible work experience in group insurance administration, benefits, underwriting or actuarial areas; proven ability to develop effective business relationships and communicate with diverse audiences in many different settings using multiple media; problem solving and decision making consistent with company objectives, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Active in local insurance community through advanced education and affiliation memberships.
- Professional certification required: Life and Disability insurance license for all states within the office’s assigned territory. License must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Travel required: 25%
- Other: Personal automobile is available for business use with adequate insurance and a safe driving record.