Annuities Specialist- Customer Service: Cognizant, Des Moines, IA
February 15, 2020 by N/A
Annuities Specialist- Customer Service
Monday – Friday 8:30 am-5:30 pm
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 5:00 pm and Fridays 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cognizant is growing in our Customer Service Annuities department and we’re looking to add Annuities Customer Service Specialist to our growing team that will support inbound phone calls from clients and agents to service index annuity accounts. Assistance may include non-financial changes (address change, phone/email update, and beneficiary change), financial changes (allocation change, withdrawal and loan assistance), basic website support, and daily values.
- Answer incoming calls from clients in regards to fixed and index annuities: make outbound follow-up calls as necessary
- Completing index allocation changes, Non-Financial requests, form requests, web assist, etc.…
- Document call details accurately
- Resolve customer service related issues
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with customers
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Basic understanding of annuity services preferred
- Customer service aptitude and orientation
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to solve problems to find “win-win” solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Must have knowledge of and/or ability to maneuver through multiple information screens
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, search skills, ability to approach problems logically
- Preferred Skills: Good verbal and written Communication Skills. Strong keyboard and typing skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-starter with excellent teamwork skills and an innate sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Open to coaching and constructive feedback to become more effective and improve performance
- Finance / Insurance customer service preferred
- Preferred Contact Center experience
SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Annuities Claim Mgmt NA Required
2 Adjudication NA Desired
- Proficiency Legends
Proficiency Level Generic Reference
PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 12 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.