Compliance Officer: FormulaFolios, Grand Rapids, MI
February 16, 2020 by N/A
The Compliance Officer will assist the Chief Compliance Officer with maintaining and enforcing FFI’s written policies and procedures. The Compliance Officer will assist in expanding and reviewing all activities of FFI including, but not limited to, trading, billing, and planning, and will also perform investment adviser compliance related functions on an as-needed basis. The qualified candidate will have experience in the compliance arena related directly to investment advisory or securities business.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures of FFI;
- Research regulations by reviewing SEC rules, adopting releases, and applicable guidance;
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance-related issues;
- Prepare comprehensive compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information;
- Validate that issues identified through compliance monitoring and review are promptly addressed;
- Provide compliance support to identify and mitigate areas of risk;
- Notify Chief Compliance Officer of compliance concerns;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results and goals as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of compliance experience preferred; however, equivalent regulatory experience may serve as a substitute;
- Extensive knowledge in working with an advisor to proprietary mutual funds and exchange traded funds;
- Knowledge of trade desk activities and best practices;
- Required understanding of US regulatory requirements that may impact the business, including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940;
- Strong problem-solving and thoroughness with researching skills;
- High degree of follow-through with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions;
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches;
- Sound business judgment and strong decision-making ability;
- Ability to respond effectively and timely to representatives and clients;
- Exceptional relationship-building skills and ability to effectively work with other departments within the firm;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.