Director of Business Development – Individual Life Products: AIG, Various Locations U.S.A.
February 19, 2020 by N/A
SM – Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Director Business Development role will be responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships to drive Life at AIG Direct. These relationships will be with organizations such as Associations, Retailers, Health Distributors and other partners where there’s a logical opportunity to offer the Life portfolio at AIG Direct.
Major Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Develop and subsequently maintain and update a strategic plan for growing Life sales at AIG Direct by working with strategic partners.
- Build and maintain business development presentations and materials (pitch deck, emails, demos, etc) to be able to successfully pitch third parties on strategic partnerships with AIG Direct.
- Build relationships and successful partnerships with external businesses to grow sales for AIG Direct.
- Upon launch of a business partnership, assist in ongoing account management and maintenance.
- Contribute and support in launch and development of campaigns that support AIG Direct’s strategic partnerships.
- Assist with other needs, as requested, within the POM team, include strategic, tactical and administrative needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (also known as undergraduate degree)..
- 5-10 years of related job experience.
- Background in life insurance is necessary, particularly past experience in putting partnerships in place.
- Prior experience in a leadership role in the Life Direct Marketing of Affinity space is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.