Director of Marketing & Communications: Legacy Marketing, Petaluma, CA
February 24, 2020 by N/A
Director of Marketing & Communications Position Summary
Direct the development of Legacy’s marketing plan as it relates to product promotion, corporate communication, corporate branding, and customer persuasion. Formulate and manage external and internal communications to convey professional, positive, consistent, and compliant messaging that promotes Legacy’s image. Position requires originality, determination and discipline to the work within Insurance Carrier Compliance parameters. Use creativity and resourcefulness to examine, analyze and assess the marketing plan for continuous improvement in order to ensure ongoing effectiveness to connect to and reach our customers. Influence the Communications Team with proven leadership, coaching and management.
Essential Duties, Responsibility or Function
1. Manage, mentor, and coach Communications Team to work effectively and with other departmental personnel. Motivate and manage staff to meet multiple deadlines in a dynamic environment. Cultivates the creative spark of the team.
2. Collaborate on the development, and manage the implementation process, of marketing communications; including advertising, product materials, sales support materials, and event promotion. Guide the development and coordination of all marketing materials in keeping with our corporate brand, in order to generate sales. Collaborate with Leadership Team to leverage their industry experience and to establish trusted, creative and persuasive relationships.
3. Manage Legacy promotions of new products and support of existing products, to create integrated, effective promotions and materials. Develop compelling, persuasive copy for print and online marketing materials, campaigns, Legacy events, and other programs. Establish and deliver effective analytics and reporting to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives. Manage consultants and third-party marketing companies.
4. Write persuasive marketing copy for a wide variety of sales and corporate communications pieces. Develop technical pieces that adhere to industry and carrier guidelines. Explore and evaluate alternative methods to reach and motivate customers. Continue to refine and modify our web presence (internally/externally). Maintain corporate quality standards, branding, and other goals, such as distribution motivation.
5. Collaborate with IT Executive to leverage current technology and to review and vet new technology to support marketing initiatives that culminate in compelling product positioning.
6. Works with other Leadership to determine the Communications Team’s plan and budget. Closely manages printing cost-effectiveness, elimination of waste, and analysis of usage. Review and approve corporate expenses within specified limits.
Who We Are
Legacy Marketing Group® exists to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Our passion is to excel in everything we do, from delivering innovative financial products and solutions to creating exceptional customer experiences. Legacy has been a trusted name in the industry for the last 27 years, generating nearly $20 billion in premium since its inception in 1993. Today, we are known as one of the most dynamic product development and marketing firms in the country—dedicated to excellence, integrity, and fairness. We deliver on a firm commitment to provide outstanding products and services to our Independent Marketing Organizations (IMOs) and their Producers. We differentiate ourselves by offering a high-touch, full-service sales and marketing platform fueled by responsiveness and action.
Resumes to be sent to:
Julie Jacobs, SHRM-SCP
Human Resources Manager