Internal Wholesaler, Independant Marketing Organization: Athene USA, West Des Moines, IA
February 17, 2020 by N/A
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
The Internal Wholesaler increases sales through proactive direct contact to agents, marketers and Independent Marketing Organization (IMO) sales staff.
- Partners with Relationship Manager in assigned territory to generate and increase sales in assigned territory by prospecting, profiling and relationship building.
- Responsible for frequent touch points/contacts with assigned IMOs/Principals/Marketers/Agents.
- Schedules, coordinates and runs conference calls, webinars, Go-To-Meetings and campaigns in assigned territory.
- Completes regularly assigned proactive call campaigns in conjunction with both Sales and Marketing.
- Consults on products, services, resources, compensation and regulations with assigned agents and accounts.
- Creates, executes and follows up on blast email campaigns.
- Develops and executes territory business plan with RM partner.
- Follows up on all leads.
- Hands off service issues and exception requests to Service Liaison.
- Increases Agent sales and awareness of Athene Annuity products through proactive call campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4+ years successful financial services industry sales experience.
- Annuity products sales experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with annuity illustration software systems preferred.
- Must have or obtain FINRA Licensing (Series 6) within 6 months of employment.
- State insurance license required.
- Successful completion of Industry Continuing Education (such as LIMRA / LOMA) courses, or currently working towards an advanced industry designation such as CLU, RICP or ChFC preferred.
- Willingness to embrace challenging assignments and the ability to work well with ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate computer systems with minimal experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.