Pricing/Product Design Actuary: Pacific Life, Aliso Viejo, CA
February 15, 2020 by N/A
This Associate or Assistant Actuary works in the Product Design Department of the Life Insurance Division.
Target level is for an Assistant or Associate Actuary with flexibility to consider candidates at other levels. Candidates who meet most but not all of the requirements are encouraged to apply. Actual job offer and title will be based on level of experience and skillset.
- Conduct research activities; Organize and present research findings to support product strategy development.
- Design and price life insurance products taking into consideration all regulations and actuarial guidelines applicable to the products. Support life insurance product implementation.
- Stay current with all regulatory changes and other new pricing or risk management developments that could impact our product lines.
- Provide product design internal peer review and technical support, ensure product development follows product pricing guidelines, meets all regulatory requirements, and meets all internal profit/risk governance standards.
- Provide technical guidance and support to product implementation teams (e.g. IT, Compliance, Marketing, etc.)
- Collaborate with risk management teams and product implementation teams to provide creative solutions to issues encountered in product development process.
- Analyze product development process, recommend enhancement to improve efficiency and quality control.
Factors For Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Services, or related field
- FSA or ASA designation in the Society of Actuaries with at least 4 years of life insurance product development working experience
- Good understanding of the regulations and actuarial guidelines applicable to life insurance products.
- Knowledge in tax, PBR, GAAP, VNB a plus.
- Able to research and generate creative solutions on various product related issues. Past research, analytic, innovation working experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills to present business solutions in a clear and concise manner and to collaborate effectively with actuarial and non-actuarial partners. Experience in regulatory compliance related work a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with thoughtful planning and effective execution.
- Strong programming skills and experience using actuarial software (e.g. MG-ALFA) a plus.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Full Time / Part Time
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
- Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
- Generous vacation time and holiday pay
- And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.