Regional Vice President, Broker Dealer Channel – External Wholesaler Chicagoland: Athene USA, Remote
February 16, 2020 by N/A
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
Athene USA, one of the fastest growing providers of fixed annuities, is hiring a Regional Vice President to our team who will focus on maintaining and building Athene’s presence in the Direct/Independent Broker Dealer Channel. The RVP will partner with the Division Sales VP in developing and leading the wholesaling efforts with our clients. The RVP must be currently located within territory – Illinois, currently living in the Chicagoland area. Candidates residing in other locations will not be considered.
- Work closely with VP/Division Sales Manager to develop appropriate business plan to maximize sales and meet business growth objectives.
- Work in conjunction with Internal Wholesalers to identify producer needs, develop an extensive and productive travel schedule with rotations within the assigned territory, and a build a results-oriented strategy for implementation.
- Work in conjunction with Internal Wholesaling Partner to identify and build a business plan.
- Build and maintain producer relationships to keep them informed of market and product changes and enhancements.
- Conduct product and sales training through individual and group training sessions, seminars, workshops and branch meetings.
- External wholesaling position to work with the Direct IBDs to increase the sale of fixed indexed annuities.
- Identify and develop new advisors while strengthening relationships with existing advisors.
- Increase sales through field activity and in-person meetings.
- Provide sales ideas and client solutions.
- Strategically plan and manage deployment of resources for the territory through marketing and sales initiatives, and budgeting & expense responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years” prior wholesaling experience.
- Knowledge of Fixed Annuity Marketplace.
- Life & Health, FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 licenses.
- Must have or obtain FINRA Licensing (Series 6) within 6 months of employment.
- Proven ability in growing a region as measured by sales results.
- Proven sales acumen and presentation skills.
- 75% travel required.
- Ability to adapt to constant changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the advisor community and industry.
- Key Account Management experience and Business Development experience preferred.
- Current residence in Chicagoland
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.