Actuary Manager: Sagicor, Scottsdale, AZ or Tampa, FL
March 11, 2020 by N/A
Lead and develop staff while providing actuarial support for product development, product implementation, and/or valuation, financial reporting. Product suite includes both life and annuity products. Primary focus on implementing IFRS 17.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent in this position will be expected to develop actuarial assumptions and accurately build actuarial models. The individual must develop a total understanding of the functionality of all Sagicor products and processes and be able to build Excel worksheets that emulate that functionality. The Actuary will be required to support the Product Development Committee, Product Implementation Committee, the Illustration Committee, Quality Assurance, Claims, and Client Services. Initial focus (first 2-3 years) will be on implementing IFRS 17.
- Bachelors of Mathematics/Actuarial Science, Finance or business-related degree.
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries. Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- Must have strong knowledge of product development, reinsurance and experience studies.
- Must have strong knowledge of Statutory and IFRS reporting standards.
- Must have strong knowledge of Indexed Products, Secondary Guarantee UL, and Annuities.
- Good communication and computer skills; knows Microsoft Office and GGY AXIS.
- Extensive experience (i.e. ten or more years) in the actuarial area.
- Managing/Supervisory experience.
Please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (480) 425-5131.