Actuarial Analyst 3
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
Sammons Financial Group Companies offer some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What You Can Expect When You Join Sammons
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our healthy, high-performing and values based culture
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance… to name a few
- ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
Effectively coach and lead Agile teams in delivering high value products while emphasizing collaboration, team self-management, and ensuring flexibility to adapt to emerging business realities.
Using strong knowledge and independent thought, provide high-level technical and analytical consultation for internal and external customers. Independently create spreadsheet and/or database tools to effectively summarize, analyze and report results for a variety of actuarial-related processes; oversee use and maintenance of the tools ensuring business needs are met. Responsible for research and analysis of information in order to provide recommendations on calculation issues. Participate in projects to improve work efficiencies.
- Utilize thorough understanding of the actuarial-related concepts and requirements and relevant business processes needed to serve as a high-level technical expert. Ensure product features, reporting requirements, calculations and controls are properly incorporated into the tools that are built to support analytical and reporting processes as assigned. Be able to communicate technical actuarial information or related processes to non-technical audiences.
- Develop or enhance spreadsheet, software and/or database tools used to manage, analyze and report data. Oversee the maintenance and usage of these tools. Ensure work is accurate and efficient using existing procedures. Document tools and processes.
- Gather and prepare data and review for reasonableness. Create and/or generate reports, conduct analysis and reasonability checks, and provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Participate as a representative of Department during relevant meetings.
- Identify and recommend automation to departmental processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Independently create, maintain, and enhance calculation spreadsheets used to validate or supplement actuarial-related or system-generated values. Utilizing spreadsheets, accountable for detailed and complex manual calculations to provide actuarial, product and/or policy support to other departments.
- Serve as key partner and/or complete special projects as necessary to support department initiatives, which may include analyzing and summarizing data or generating and distributing reports.
- Plan and prioritize work in accordance with broader team or department objectives and priorities. Complete projects on time and with high standards and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years’ practical work experience in data analytics, and background in life insurance and/or annuities preferred
- Demonstrate a high level of mathematical ability, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong systems skills with experience in Visual Basic and macros, Excel, Access, and Word
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and provide insights
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team. Ability to manage projects
- Demonstrate natural sense of curiosity, strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, and ability to work independently and effectively under deadline pressures
- Criminal background check required.