February 23, 2021 by N/A
Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don’t have time for fine print, extra doctor’s appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button – by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC’s 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital’s key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the role:
Ethos is looking for an experienced actuary to join our pricing and underwriting team. You will be partnering closely with our data and underwriting teams to fine-tune and innovate our product and pricing solutions.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of doing the impossible and scaling a new insurance model at extraordinary speed. The right candidate will have expertise in life insurance products, underwriting and pricing; be proficient at data analysis and modeling; and be able to think differently to create value and capitalize on unrealized opportunities in the market. This is a unique opportunity to develop the offering for a brand that is quickly gaining a lot of national and global attention.
If this sounds like a match for you and what you are up to, please apply. We’d love to hear from you!
- Self-motivated and persistent to seek answers in a fast-paced startup environment
- Detail-oriented, have a bias for impact and action
- Enthusiastic about automating manual processes and developing tools for efficiency gains
- Collaborate with our data and underwriting teams to analyze product and underwriting performance and provide insights and recommendations
- Work with multiple stakeholders to develop product and underwriting rules for new products or product enhancements
- Review pricing for new products and product enhancements
- Review filing requirements and assist in the preparation of filings for regulatory authorities
Skills & Background:
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics or similar
- FSA (or similar) preferred
- Expertise in data analysis and modeling
- Proficient with SQL
- Solid experience in life insurance products, underwriting, and pricing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including understanding stakeholder needs and communicating effectively to your audience
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.