Annuity Placement Associate
February 23, 2021 by N/A
Mercer’s US Financial Strategy Group is responsible for the development and delivery of Mercer’s intellectual capital around pension risk management; ensuring that clients receive Mercer’s best thinking about investment strategy, funding policy, risk transfer, and journey planning.
The Financial Strategy group a Mercer Wealth practice is looking for an Annuity Placement Associate to join our team!
What can you expect?
- Project manage annuity placements from the initial bidding and price discovery process through execution and post deal transition of pension liabilities
- Consultant on 5-7 clients at a given time; performing modeling, running reports, preparing decks on pension risk transfer and journey planning projects
- Works with spreadsheets and various modelling tools to produce detailed numerical analysis of the client’s risk profile and the impact of risk on key financial metrics
As needed, provide ad hoc support on various projects as new business ventures are implemented.
- As needed develop operations management skills, Contribute to Mercer (delegation, training, compliance plus tool, process and document development) and New business development
What’s in it for you?
- We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- We offer a generous benefits program
What you need to have:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content or direct relevant experience.
- Active pursuit of Actuarial and/or CFA designations a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience within an insurance company, financial strategy, investment, and/or actuarial consulting environment
- Ability to create decks, coordinate meetings, respond to questions from insurers, liaise with actuarial team to gather plan and participant data, lead work streams and ensure the process is executed in a timely manner.
- Able to Adapt technical modelling tools for specific client situations and deals with technical queries on the modelling methods and tools used; perform research and integrate findings into modelling.
We will count on you to:
- Liaise with the insurance market place of providers offering group annuity products to ensure that the required deliverables are received.
- Facilitate the preparation of insurance market due diligence material to support our consulting process around the Department of Labor guidelines for annuity buyout transactions in compliance with interpretive bulletin 95-1
- Analyze pricing to provide unique solutions and support strategy for annuity buyouts. Determine how to show breakdown of accounts to clients and leverage internal resources to execute
- Lead internal discussions with various parties to ensure the annuity placement process is executed successfully
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.