Annuity Premier Case Manager
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
This position serves as the single point of contact for the company’s top producing annuity agents or financial institutions. This position functions as a proactive liaison between the agents, distribution partners, third-party administrators, Sales, Legal, Claims, and Actuarial departments to resolve annuity new business and customer service issues. This individual will conduct appropriate customer outreach to solicit feedback to improve customer service and customize service solutions.
- Establish professional relationship with agents or distribution partners, as well as key administrative staff to facilitate proper business flow between various business units.
- Provide phone coverage for inbound calls as scheduled and complete outbound calls as assigned for projects, relationship building, and to resolve issues with new business applications.
- Review new business applications for agents and serve as the primary owner for a submitted application from the time the case is submitted to the point the case is issued.
- Understand key operational process flows, controls, compliance criteria and resolve complex new business and policy holder service issues.
- Achieve required phone and transaction performance as defined for the Key Account Specialist I.
- Implement an effective communication plan based on agent preferences.
- Serve as a liaison between agents and Policy holder Services, Commissions Contracting & Licensing, Legal, third party administrators, and other internal departments as needed.
- Resolve moderate to complex operational issues pertaining to product clarification and illustrations.
- Keep agents up-to-date on products and services, marketing programs, compliance regulations, and industry developments.
- Resolve problems and guide agents in software usage and web initiatives
Skills & Abilities
- Understands how the functional units interact with each other; recognizes business changes within coverage area and the impact.
- Demonstrates ability to build new skills and adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Builds knowledge of customers through collaboration and communication.
- Develops and maintains goal-oriented, collaborative and productive, team-driven relationships.
- Reads verbal, non-verbal and written cues; effectively adjusts communication style to suit the needs of different audiences and situations.
- Promotes new ideas and ways of working; suggests new techniques, methods and practices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in digital techniques, methods, and tools used at F&G.
- Develops and sustains effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including team members, virtually and in-person.
- Logically organizes information to identify connections and form a multidimensional view.
- Seeks challenging assignments and projects.
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to the departmental vision, strategy, change initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrates awareness of workload and shares updates on availability with manager.
- Monitors, measures and assesses processes to determine areas of improvement; identifies and eliminates operational waste.
- Understands data and communicates the meaning to managers and executives.
- Owns responsibility for timely production of deliverables.
- Understands expectations for interaction with vendors for their functional area.
- Assists in deliverable management and coaches junior team members on quality solution delivery.
- Proactively seeks to continue development of knowledge of the regulatory environment and able to share this information with team members.
Experience & Education Requirements
- AA or BA degree preferred.
- Relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of experience working in the insurance or financial services industry preferred. At least 1 year of annuity experience.
- Experience handling escalated phone calls involving service issues or training needs.
- Successful completion of Life insurance related education such as LOMA or CLU coursework strongly preferred.
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it’s like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020