Case Manager – Sammons Retirement Solutions
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
Sammons Financial Group Companies offer some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What you can expect when you join Sammons:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our healthy, high-performing and values based culture
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance… to name a few
- ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
What you can expect as the Case Manager:
Provide accurate and timely service to our top-level reps and back offices in the Premier channel. Service incoming phone calls related to New Business and Client Services. Process all New Business and Client Services transactions efficiently and precisely.
- Serve as primary contact for a defined group of reps with the Sammons Retirement Solutions (SRS) Premier Representative Service Club.
- Flex personal communication style to meet the style and needs of each representative.
- Answer incoming calls and emails related to New Business and Client Services.
- Review New Business applications and Client Services forms to confirm they are properly executed, comply with company policies, and confirm to regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with representatives, back offices, policyholders, and internal support departments via phone, email, and/or in writing regarding any requirements for pending new business as well as inforce policy requests.
- Proactively monitor pending cases for receipt of requirements in order to promptly process requests or issue policies.
- Follow up on the transfer of funds from external financial institutions for pending and inforce cases to expedite receipt of funds.
- Review all new correspondence received by mail, email, and fax within 1 business day to determine if a file is in good order.
- Provide reps with fund-transfer statuses from other carriers.
- Issue all annuity contracts and Mutual Fund accounts within one business day from date funds are received, assuming paperwork is in good order.
- Promptly notify reps when out of the office or unavailable providing as early notice as possible.
- Analyze complex information, use resources to identify solutions, and follow through on resolution of issues promptly and professionally.
- Monitor personal work to verify accuracy and to ensure compliance with company standards and regulations; maintain minimum quality and productivity metrics.
- Identify – red flag – situations or trends regarding a representatives book of business and report to manager. Collect and share representative feedback with leaders.
- Provide support and assistance to other Case Managers, as well as the SIG Business Development Operations team, when volume requires.
- Understand the differences of the elevated service levels provided to SRS representatives. Prioritize work for the channels appropriately.
- Advise/train representatives on how to accurately complete our forms, including assisting reps with utilizing our E-app/Firelight system and website.
- Participate in ongoing training and development to maintain knowledge of New Business and Client Services, system enhancements, and professional skills.
- Cultivate knowledge of the multiple platforms through which applications and funds are received.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in the securities or annuity industry required
- Proficient use of PC, Microsoft Office products, administration and imaging systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to adapt communication skills to meet the needs of all assigned reps
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to adapt to frequent change
- Ability to work periodic overtime, sometimes with relatively short notice
- Due to the financial nature and level of accountability of this position, a credit and criminal background check is required – The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires Sammons Financial Group Companies to notify you that, as a routine part of processing this application for employment, Sammons Financial Group may request a consumer report on you to verify all information contained in this application. Such report may include information about work-related behaviors, performance, character, general reputation, and personal characteristics, in addition to information about your previous employment, education, credit history and criminal records