Corporate Communications Partner
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
The Corporate Communications Partner serves on and supports the Corporate Communications team by managing multi-channel communications projects, planning employee engagement events, creating content for internal audiences, as well as cross-promotion to support public relations and marketing efforts.
This role is vital to the success of the Corporate Communications team. This individual contributor is organized and produces high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. The individual in this role should be passionate about communicating about Athene’s business and the value that the company brings to support of our communities to our stakeholders.
- Write and edit content for corporate communications including, but not limited to, intranet articles, organizational email announcements, digital displays, presentations, social media posts and talking points.
- Develop, manage, and execute integrated communications plans to support strategic priorities.
- Manage the communications planning and execution of internal corporate social responsibility/volunteer events. Socialize the events and causes to both our internal employee audience as well as our community stakeholders.
- Support employee engagement events by meaningfully connecting to Athene’s values, culture and business strategies.
- Build effective relationships with business area leaders and teams in order to develop in-depth knowledge of the business and to support key initiatives.
- Bring a high level of quality and consistency in communications strategy, planning, scheduling, and project execution
- Review, edit and proof newly created and existing internal communication materials.
- Participate in research and analysis of subject fields.
- Interface with functional teams to develop story ideas, identify issues and trends and other newsworthy items on an ongoing basis as a means of developing content.
- Help build and maintain a communications calendar to ensure aligned, proactive and effective communications processes.
- Planning, writing, editing of primarily internal communications with some support of external communications.
- Additional duties as directed by the Corporate Communications team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Exceptionally strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task.
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills, and initiative.
- Excellent time management skills, organization skills, and attention to detail as well as the ability to work independently work on projects.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment, and the highest standards of ethics.
- Proven ability to translate business topics into engaging content.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Intermediate knowledge of various communications platforms and techniques, including speechwriting, press releases, memos, letters, and presentations.
- Must be able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to educate, inform and influence the targeted communication audience.
- Willingness to be flexible to project needs.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or English.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience.
- Experience measuring communications effectiveness and planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team-oriented attitude.
- Understanding and deep proficiency with basic applications, including MS Office Apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.).
- Experience in intranet management platforms, including SharePoint
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene .
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans .
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.