Director Annuity Fee Based Business (Remote)
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
Looking for uniquely talented and motivated leader – someone who can diagnose key experience issues and drive business development in the emerging fee-based annuity space. If you ultimately want to help people achieve a brighter financial future and have a driven, entrepreneurial spirit we want to work with you!
This position is a critical leadership role with accountability for driving the business plan development and execution strategy for fee-based annuities. This leader will also contribute to the overall strategy development for the annuity & retirement solutions area. Areas of focus include RILAs, VAs, FIAs/FAs and in-plan annuity solutions.
The annuity business is one of the primary growth areas of CUNA Mutual focusing on helping people access and guarantee a brighter financial future. CUNA Mutual Group believes a brighter financial future should be accessible to everyone. The annuity business distributes through credit unions, banks and independent broker-dealers, enjoying access to nearly 50,000 advisors, reaching $1.3B in sales in 2020. The company is a pioneer and market leader in the RILA space. The company annuity philosophy is based on bringing simple to use and understand to market.
The retirement business at CUNA Mutual Group represents over $20B in AUA helping more than 300,000 participants. The retirement business includes 401(k), executive benefit, pension plan and pension risk transfer (PRT) solutions. The company is a leader in the PRT small plan space. These areas are crucial to assisting our partners build successful, relevant businesses for their employees.
- Create fee-based annuity business strategy.
- Lead implementation & management of approved strategy that ensures effective coordination across distribution, product, marketing, technology, experience and process.
- Develops objectives and success measures.
- Proactively assess and monitor execution of strategy.
- Leads the team in the identification of process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in product & business strategy development for annuity business.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other special projects and duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field. Master’s degree or higher professional designation preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, preference for experience in fee-based annuities, retail annuities, RILAs, VAs & FIAs.
- Thorough knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn annuity distribution dynamics and experience (technology, process, etc.) requirements; fee-based experience a plus
- Willingness to obtain, if necessary, FINRA Series 7, 63 and/or 65 licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business strategy development concepts and traditional strategy analysis models at the product/program level. Ability to translate strategy into action with solid planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose key experience challenges & issues, particularly related to technology and process challenges for advisors
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience in leading and motivating a cross functional team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Position is open to remote employment throughout the continental US.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.