Internal Wholesaler- Annuity Sales
February 23, 2021 by N/A
About the job
The Internal Wholesaler, Annuity Distribution, is responsible for providing best-in-class phone and web-based support for agents and IMO marketers related to case design, product questions, competitive positioning, illustration software training and more. In addition, the Internal Wholesaler, Annuity Distribution will deliver outbound call and email campaigns as needed to promote F&G Annuity products and programs to drive Annuity sales objectives.
This position will report to the Manager, Internal Sales, Annuity Distribution and will work in conjunction with other Annuity Distribution Internal Wholesalers as well as partnering to support Regional Directors, Senior Internal Wholesalers and National Account VPs.
Duties and Expectations
- Efficiently manage high-volume inbound phone and email inquiries, providing quality sales support to agents and marketers
- Initiate proactive sales initiatives in coordination with Annuity Sales objectives
- Demonstrate thorough, in-depth knowledge of F&G products, practices and procedures
- Identify and communicate new sales opportunities to Senior Internal Wholesalers and Regional Directors
- Provide cross-organizational support to agents and marketers including inquires related to contracting and commissions, new business and policyholder support
- Train agents and marketers on F&G illustration software and agent website use; troubleshoot and/or report system issues
- Maintain strong knowledge of annuity insurance industry and competitive landscape
Professional Experience And Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, and/or 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in the Insurance or Financial Services Industry
- Annuity product sales support experience preferred
- Knowledgeable regarding the annuity insurance marketplace, products and IMO distribution
- Expert in manipulating illustration software.
- General knowledge on economics and financial planning
- Life and annuity license preferred
Abilities And Skills
- Ability to build solid external and internal relationships
- Operate with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Positive, collaborative approach to challenges and tasks
- Drive to deliver results through extraordinary service quality and accountability
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are critical
- Self-reliant multi-tasking and problem-solving capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable in contact management applications, illustration tools and sales support systems; Salesforce CRM experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Fast-paced team environment with high-volume inbound and outbound calls
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it’s like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020