Manager, Internal Wholesalers, Eagle Life
February 23, 2021 by N/A
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for leading the Internal Wholesaler Associates by driving sales excellence and relationship management with financial advisors within bank and broker dealer firms. This individual will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and developing talent while striving to help the organization exceed sales and activity goals. In addition to team leadership, this position will perform daily hands-on inbound and outbound support as an overflow resource to the Internal Wholesaler while also interacting with the external wholesaling force.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales excellence by leading in business management, territory management, sales pipeline management, product knowledge, and industry knowledge.
- Recruits, selects, orientates and provides ongoing training of Internal Wholesaler Associates.
- Serve as a liaison between business processing teams and managers.
- Maintain quality standards, coordinate workflow design, monitor work unit results, analyze client feedback, and make process improvements as needed.
- Maintain department budget and operational efficiencies
- Provide direction, guidance, and technical expertise to team members in order to provide quality support for products and resolve complex service issues with financial advisors.
- Works with wholesalers and broker dealers on day-to-day account management requests and questions.
- Navigates the organization to provide problem resolution assistance to wholesalers, broker dealers, and financial advisors within assigned accounts or territories. This includes providing a high level of customer service and leveraging our resources to make recommendations and guide selection of final resolution. Communicates resolution to the financial advisors and external partners.
- Trains wholesalers, broker dealers, and representatives on Eagle Life products, procedures and sales concepts, including opportunities for presenting in front of an audience in person, by webinar or conference call.
- Conducts market research and stays current on competitive landscape.
- Prepares, analyzes and reviews various reports and data, including but not limited to, incentive data, expense reports, etc.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Number & Titles of Direct Reports:
Team of approximately six (6) Internal Wholesalers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business administration, marketing or related field of study; plus three (3) years of related annuity sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Financial service sales experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
Series 6, 7, 63, 24 is preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Leadership skills to help guide a team toward success.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to allow for collaborative work effort with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and manage and account and/or territory.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external resources, vendor as well as other departments.
- Ability to keep an open mind when it comes to different tasks/issues as they arise.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents from regulatory agencies, and other members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to travel 10% to 25% of the time.