Senior Associate, Life External Wholesaler
February 23, 2021 by N/A
Date: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Company: New York Life Insurance Co
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life’s primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women’s markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
The Life Product Consultant (LPC) is responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory (West Central Zone) and individual General Office’s life sales objectives. LPCs deliver sales concepts, product information, and provide technical guidance to New York Life agents in an effort to drive life insurance sales. Critical functions of the role include:
• Work closely with agents who are part of a captive agency sales force to develop and maintain strong business relationships
• Develop a strong command of New York Life’s life insurance products and sales processes
• Provide case development and design support
• Introduce new product enhancements to field management and agents with particular emphasis on individual and business needs, markets and tax issues of life products.
• Deliver sales presentations to both agents and clients
• Provide sales support and product information through individual face-to-face meetings as well as large group sessions
• Proactively work with management
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Motivated and energetic individual with the ability to drive his/her objectives relatively autonomously
• Approximately 5 years of wholesaling experience in Life products
• A broad and comprehensive knowledge of the Life Insurance business, an understanding of the sales process and the dynamics of selling life products
• Industry recognized designations such as CLU, CHFC, CFP are highly desirable
• Excellent communication skills are essential
• Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
• Life license, Series 6 or Series 7 and Series 63 registrations
• Understanding of Advanced Markets, a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Requisition ID: 83210
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Social Media, Sales Support, Series 7, Sales, Marketing, Finance