Vice President, Relationship Manager
February 23, 2021 by N/A
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
Athene USA, one of the fastest growing providers of fixed annuities, is hiring a Vice President, Relationship Manager to our team who will focus on maintaining and building Athene’s presence in the Independent Marketing Organization (IMO) Channel. The RM will partner with the Division Sales Manager in developing and leading the wholesaling efforts with our clients.
- Work closely with Division Sales Manager to develop appropriate business plan to maximize sales and meet business growth objectives.
- Work in conjunction with Internal Wholesalers to identify producer needs, develop an extensive and productive travel schedule and a build a results-oriented strategy for implementation.
- Work in conjunction with Internal Wholesaling Team to identify and foster leads generated from referrals.
- Build and maintain producer relationships to keep them informed of market and product changes and enhancements.
- Conduct product and sales training through individual and group training sessions, seminars, workshops and branch meetings.
- External wholesaling position to work with the IMOs to increase the sale of fixed indexed annuities.
- Identify and develop new advisors while strengthening relationships with existing advisors.
- Increase sales through field activity, virtual wholesaling, support conferences and in-person meetings.
- Provide sales ideas and client solutions.
- Strategically plan and manage deployment of resources for the territory through marketing and sales initiatives, and budgeting & expense responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years’ prior wholesaling experience in the IMO or IBD channel with the above noted products.
- Proven sales acumen and presentation skills.
- 75% travel required.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the advisor community and industry.
- Must have or obtain Life & Health and FINRA Series 6 & 63 licenses within 6 months of employment; RICP obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Proven ability in growing a region as measured by sales results.
- Strong territory management experience.
- Strong producer contacts in the IMO and/or IBD channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.