Providing the building blocks of financial literacy training
April 27, 2021 by Tim Ranzetta
Let me tell you a little about my journey with Jessica Endlich to found Next Gen Personal Finance, a nonprofit organization dedicated to expanding access to financial literacy and personal finance training everywhere.
There are a few things that have fueled my passion for educating others on financial services products:
1. My experiencing losing tons of money in a 401(k) (that I didn’t understand), as a single mom of three, about 20 years ago;
2. My experience working on bank and credit union boards;
3. My experience watching my grandparents scrimp for pennies in retirement, despite relentlessly saving for more than 60 years;
4. My experience with a life insurance claim, when my son took his own life nearly eight years ago; and
5. The fact that I was raised by wolves.
Being a nationally-recognized expert in life insurance & annuity products has only fueled this passion.
Today, I want to thank Susan Comparato, Bill Joy, & Tim Ranzetta for everything that they are doing to educate youngsters about basic financial literacy. Wow- if only I had had this resource!
Read about it, here, and let’s raise the roof! -sjm