October! It’s time to fill out the quarterly sales survey.
October 4, 2021 by Wink's Intel Pros
How do you collect life insurance companies’ annuity and life insurance sales data each quarter?
1. We email the survey to insurance companies on the last day of the quarter.
2. We give the insurers most of the month after the end of the quarter (i.e. 3rd Quarter’s sales are due 10/29) to complete the survey, and return it to us.
3. We then prepare all of our tools, templates, and documents in preparation for receiving all companies’ data. This is essentially our hurry-up-and-wait period.
4. We target a release date within two weeks of the last of the carriers’ earnings calls (if a carrier is going public, there can be quite a delay), however, we usually release within a week of that date. What does that mean? Ideally, we release within 60 days after the end of the quarter.
5. The life report publishes about a week after the annuity report.