Software Support Specialist, Wink Inc.
March 15, 2022 by Sheryl J. Moore
|Job Title:||Software Support Specialist||Department:||Service|
|Report To:||President||Position Type:||Full-time, Exempt|
|Travel Required:||0-10%||Date Revised:||March 2022|
The Software Specialist serves as the face of the administrative unit by taking ownership of telephone, email, fax, snail-mail, and social media communications and customer support of all revenue sources offered by Wink, Inc and Illustration Edge. The qualified candidate will serve as an industry expert, build relationships to further company objectives, provide resource and product expertise, increase and conserve sales for the company, and perform administrative duties as necessary. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination, communication, and testing of software testing, enhancements, fixes, product changes, and outcomes. The Software Specialist will also ensure the continued positive image, reliability, and credibility of Wink, Inc.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Address telephone calls, voicemails and emails for LifeSpecs, AnnuitySpecs, Wink’s Sales & Market Report, Wink’s Index Intelligence Report, Illustration Edge and other revenue sources; ensure that customer concerns are addressed in an accurate, timely, and pleasant manner.
2. Troubleshoot and assist customers in achieving desired results in software by replicating issues, resolving, and communicating corrective action.
3. Register new users for accounts on the websites.
4. Gather necessary credit card payment information for subscribers/users of all of Wink, Inc.’s revenue sources.
5. Perform all testing of changes to the websites, including web enhancements, fixes and general product changes. Communicate results of testing to relevant parties and identify outstanding requirements.
6. Prepare, request, compile responses and distribute SPIA Rate Survey to all participating carriers.
7. Research, pull SEC filings, request materials from carriers and summarize subaccount and fee changes for all May and November Variable Annuity changes.
8. Perform audits of LifeSpecs.com and AnnuitySpecs.com, to ensure accuracy and standardization of both websites.
9. Ensure the thorough and standardized filing/saving of all company notifications, brochures, rates, state approvals, filings, and other documentation on the company network drive under the ‘Library of Insurers Materials’.
10. Fulfill market research project requests, as assigned by President or CEO.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned.
12. Support the core values of Wink, Inc. and serve as a reputable delegate of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
1. A BS/BA is preferred.
2. Three to five years related work experience with life insurance and annuity products, or strong technical training and willingness to learn these products
3. Background in customer service a must; experience in software support a strong plus
4. Industry designations are desirable (ACS, AIAA, and/or FLMI)
5. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
6. Ability to build strong relationships and recognize opportunities for sales and cross-selling
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
8. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel; including creating spreadsheet tools, utilizing formulas, creating pivot tables, developing macros, and more a huge plus
9. Proven capacity for “thinking smarter, not harder”
10. Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, without burnout
11. Ability to perform under pressure with strong follow-up and follow-through
12. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
13. Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision
14. Ability to challenge one’s self and proactively locate life insurance and annuity product information, filings, rates, state approvals, and relevant company announcements
15. Must be extremely organized, able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
16. Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and maintain work-load
17. Strong ethical character, excellent customer service attitude and extremely strong work ethic
18. Have the willingness and ability to take an ownership attitude toward projects, which includes identifying and evaluating the effects of the immediate task on other areas and the “bigger picture”
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Wink, Inc. is an independent, third-party market research firm, which specializes in the fixed life insurance and annuity markets. Initially providing the industry’s most credible information on indexed life and annuities, our companies have expanded their market and product intelligence to include product lines such as fixed annuities, multi-year guaranteed annuities, structured annuities, variable annuities, universal life, whole life, and term. Known as THE vendor to the life insurance industry, Wink, Inc. is also known to be the most reliable and dependable source of product and sales information in the insurance industry.
Why Wink, Inc.? We provide benefits for your family, your life, and your career. Eligible employees receive benefits including medical, dental, retirement plan with a 3.00% employer match, and paid time off. In addition, you’ll enjoy casual dress, paid parking, incentives for insurance education, and a fun, family-like atmosphere.
For further information, please visit: WinkIntel.com and SherylJMoore.com