Remember when there were only 12?
April 19, 2022 by Sheryl J. Moore
As a part of my job, I try to take complex indexing methods on indexed insurance products, and describe them in easy-to-understand terms.
(Yes, I read sample contracts and try to communicate them in plain language!)
I just want to say that I cannot stand low interest rate environments because they result in more complex indexing methods!! ARGH!
(In a world of complicated products, we don’t need help making things more complicated.)
Check out some of the names we’ve added to our AnnuitySpecs database over the past few years:
– Annual point-to-point with breakthrough level
– Comparative term end point
– Dual performance annual point-to-point
– Inverse performance triggered
– Modified term end point
– Monthly change with replacement rate
– Multi-year annual point-to-point
– Term end point with rolling performance trigger
– Two-year point-to-point in performance strategy ladder
I remember when there were just 12 different ways of calculating indexed interest on indexed insurance products; now there are 28!