Individual Annuity Key Account Manager – NMO
February 22, 2023 by The Standard
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
In this position you will provide support to the Annuity sales team by working with Regional Sales Directors and external partners, owning account and relationship management of assigned NMOs with the goal of expanding and deepening the sales channel.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
70% Sales Support:
· Identify new sales opportunities, make cold/warm calls, and provide initial company/product information to prospective channel partners. Facilitate an introduction and provide a warm hand-off to the Regional Sales Director.
· May initiate contact with channel partners regarding new products, generating interest and providing a warm hand-off to the Regional Sales Director.
· Research and identify opportunities for Regional Sales Director to meet new channel partners, including the planning, organizing and control of producer lists with identified targets and markets.
· Follow up with channel partners after meetings with the Regional Sales Director to address or facilitate resolution of any outstanding issues.
· Provide consulting to channel partners on trends in the marketplace, sales tools and sales opportunities. Coordinate marketing and sales engagement activity, partnering with RSD and other internal stakeholders to build out value added activities.
· Consult on new NMO client opportunity calls with information and ideas to support the selection of Standard as the provider of choice, including due diligence information on products, investment offerings, and product questions.
· Respond to NMO channel partners as appropriate when Regional Sales Director is not available, ensuring that the face to the partner is seamless.
30% Account and Relationship Management:
· Partner with the sales team to develop annual sales strategies. Collaborate with Regional Sales Directors to devise customized sales and marketing strategies to uncover new potential NMOs and strengthen relationships with existing partners.
· Achieve sales goals by working with Regional Sales Director and internal sales support. Establishing and build upon relationships with assigned NMO partners to grow sales. Develop new sources of business, demonstrate product expertise, and leverage industry insights to increase sales.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in annuity working with Broker/Dealers, Banks and NMO’s. Direct sales and sales support experience desired.
National travel required.
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard’s package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
Performance guarantees may be applied to roles with highly incentivized compensation plans for a specified period of time, to support a new hires transition into the sales incentive plan.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.