Life Business Product Owner
February 22, 2023 by Farm Bureau Financial Services
Full-time · Director
About the job
Life Business Product Owner
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Life Business Product Owner you will be responsible for understanding and representing the needs of the product’s stakeholders The Product Owner is responsible for prioritizing, managing, and coordinating delivery of product features on a wide range of initiatives to successfully achieve the organization’s strategies, goals and objectives. You will also:
· Facilitate, plan, and coordinate analysis of strategic and business initiatives that may include key strategic projects, the annual business planning and budgeting processes, business cases and recommendations, and developing management presentations.
· Identify process improvements where needed, working across departments to streamline processes where appropriate.
· Develop, maintain, and coordinate relationships with business sponsors, business leads and subject matter experts to perform analysis and guide delivery team execution of strategic and tactical initiatives.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 7 years of relevant experience required, including insurance industry experience, strategic planning, business planning, business analysis experience, or experience within project management.
- Must possess excellent planning, facilitation, decision making, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must have or attain a thorough understanding of the insurance business to quickly understand the business implications of issues that may impact successful planning and delivery of strategic and business initiatives.
- Experience working with Lean/Agile methodologies preferred.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company car and cell phone. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!
If you’re interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!
Work Authorization/Sponsorship Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example, we are not able to sponsor OPT status.