Advanced Sales Lead
March 1, 2023 by Protective Life
About the job
Protective Life is a values-driven company, and we strive to hire individuals to join our community that will reflect the company’s values of doing the right thing, serving people, building trust, and aspiring for better. The ability to contribute in a team environment and employ a customer-focused approach to the job are vital to all areas of Protective Life.
We are looking for an experienced Advanced Sales Consultant to join the Sales Training & Development team, supporting both the Annuity & Life divisions. This new role, Advanced Sales Lead, will offer advanced sales expertise both internally to Protective’s sales team and externally for our distribution partners, primarily in support of the sale of annuities. This opportunity requires advanced markets experience, and knowledge of retirement, estate, and business planning strategies, including relevant tax, legal and regulatory impacts. We are looking for someone eager to provide this service, while also building the vision and team to expand this capability in the future. The ideal candidate is proactive, motivated, and enjoys public speaking & relationship building.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate marketing and training programs, presentations, and other materials that further knowledge and experience in advanced markets concepts.
- Travel to, attend, and present at external advisor meetings and events. Could include smaller group meetings, large main-stage presentations, as well as internal company meetings and team calls.
- Proactively participate in joint calls with our sales team (and the producers they support) to educate and engage the producer.
- Ability to promptly answer complex questions related to retirement, business, and estate planning in the sale of annuities (and life insurance) for both Protective employees and external distribution partners.
- Assist financial advisors with case presentation preparation and case design preparation for highly complex cases.
- Develop and deliver state insurance license continuing education (CE) courses to support advanced markets education.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and communicating product and industry trends, as well as legislative and regulatory updates
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Travel expected to be 30-50%
- Juris Doctor degree (JD) preferred
- 5+ years of advanced markets or related retirement, business, or estate planning experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced markets concepts and the use of financial products in advanced markets strategies
- Technical knowledge of financial planning issues regarding income tax, investment, retirement planning, estate planning, business owner planning, and income tax management
- Annuity and life insurance product and industry knowledge, including the sales, marketing, and operations aspects of the business
- Ability to explain the complex in simple terms
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Superior Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Must be analytical with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess the organizational skills and flexibility to work efficiently on multiple projects, respond to rapidly changing priorities, and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, yet be highly collaborative
- Candidates should already have Series 6 and 63. Life/Health Insurance license in resident state
Location: Cincinnati office (Covington, KY) preferred, will consider remote
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $160,000 to $180,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.