Sales Support Specialist
March 1, 2023 by John Hancock
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates to join a dynamic team in a company that’s transforming the life insurance business with customer solutions like our innovative wellness program, Vitality, that supports our mission to make life insurance easier to buy and fun to own. Candidates will gain life insurance knowledge and technical expertise and be a part of a team that is critical in supporting the Insurance pre-sale process and helping the overall Sales & Distribution team achieve strategic priorities, initiatives, and sales goals.
The training for this role will focus on a variety of topics relating to the life insurance sales process, including product information, case design, illustrations, outbound/inbound communications, the new business and underwriting process, and various tools and resources. Following the successful completion of the training program, candidates will have obtained industry licensure and gained a solid foundation for their continued growth and development.
Your Journey With Us Includes
Our team members not only learn the value that life insurance plays in the overall financial planning, but they are also part of the team that helps communicate, educate, and engage our many distribution partners.
- Unlimited opportunity for growth and development.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Leaders who are invested in your success.
- Emphasis on employee recognition and community involvement.
- A company that is committed and focused on obsessing about customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Team players that enjoy working together on solutions that will impact our producers’ and customers’ lives.
- Willingness to learn and commit to study to achieve the necessary licenses.
- Eager learners that want to join us in transforming the life insurance industry.
- Excited colleagues that make working together fun and productive.
- Have a passion for the value we provide to our producers and customers.
- Customer-centric mentality.
- Excellent phone demeanor, strong sales acumen, and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible.
- Knowledge of financial services is a plus!
- FINRA SIE, Series 6, 63, and State Insurance Licenses, preferred. Will need to acquire licenses within 4 months of hire. Must pass at least one FINRA exam within the first 10 weeks of hire.
There will be a lot of support in helping individuals pass their FINRA and State Insurance exams to acquire the needed licensing and achieve success! In this role, comprehensive study materials for the FINRA exams, for example, access to class material ‘on demand’ to review when best works for the individual. There are practice exams available to complement study material along with team learning sessions. There will also be study time allotted during the workday for these exams. The FINRA licenses are a great investment in a person’s future and career – and we look forward to supporting individuals in this endeavor!
These licenses are a requirement of the role and need to be acquired in the outlined timeframes to remain in the Sales Support Specialist role.
What else does this role offer?
- FINRA and State Insurance license exam study materials.
- Reimbursement of any fees associated with the State Insurance Licenses or license renewals.
- Resources for any continuing education requirements associated.
- Opportunities to develop a wide breadth of industry knowledge and technical expertise.
- Opportunity to obtain industry designations, such as the CLU® or ChFC®.
- Exposure to numerous internal teams helping to support the life insurance pre- and post-sale process.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative, large team environment.
- Promotion opportunities within the Team and in the company.
What else can you expect?
- Competitive base salary and annual performance bonus.
- Paid Training and Health and Retirement Benefits starting on Day 1.
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus additional time off including personal, sick, and family care days.
- Online learning programs driven to focus your career development at your own pace.
- Career growth and leadership support to achieve your goals.
- Company offered ‘Fuel-up’ half days to focus on enhancing skills.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role in the primary location of Boston, Massachusetts is expected to be between $57,450.00 USD – $95,750.00 USD.
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 112.5 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.
Know Your Rights I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency
Company: John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.)