Sr. Product Development Consultant – Annuity Solutions
March 1, 2023 by Lincoln Financial Group
About the job
Alternate Locations: Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)Work Arrangement:Hybrid/Common Days+ : Work 2-3 days a week in a Lincoln office with a designated workspace.Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.Requisition #: 70863The Role at a GlanceAs a Sr. Product Development Consultant, you will provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise to ensure departmental results. This role supports organic growth through sales and retention for assigned individual Annuity Products. Primary responsibilities include the discover and design aspects of product development to identify actions that widen existing market opportunities or establish new market opportunities and determine how to enter. Expectations include assembling and driving cross-enterprise teams focused on creating a pipeline of product actions. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships outside of the company to enhance our product development process. Other aspects of the product development process you may be engaged in includes the develop, deliver, and post launch debriefing. You will act as a primary liaison to the business, coordinating with key stakeholders and product heads regarding key initiatives that align with departmental needs and profitability. You will act as subject matter experts to meet both internal and external needs across the assigned product line(s).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintaining knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assessing the impact, and collaborating with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directing and enhancing organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
- Identifying and directing the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit.
- Providing subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/project.
- Providing direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leading cross-enterprise teams and collaborating in partnership with all appropriate stakeholders to provide the targeted distribution and marketplace product/customer experience offerings and to position our product offerings with distinct competitive advantages.
- Ensuring areas of focus in the discover and design phase aligns with the strategy of our business.
- Uncovering new opportunities in partnership with others in the enterprise.
- Carrying out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complying with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as required.
What We’re Looking ForMust-Haves:
- 8+ years of experience in the financial services industry including at least 5 years of annuity product development and management experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position. Consideration will be made to candidates who do not have annuity experience but have ancillary product development experience with a focus in idea/design generation.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues, and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
What’s it like to work here?At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $87,700 – $159,900Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.About The CompanyLincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.comBe Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting ActivitiesIf you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln’s fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.Additional InformationThis position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.