Vice President, Market Strategy – Life
March 1, 2023 by Fidelity & Guaranty Life
About the job
F&G is hiring for a VP, Market Strategy. This position is accountable for all market development activities for the Life Segment including leading competitive intelligence, product strategy, go to market planning, distribution marketing and product marketing. This position provides leadership and direction to market facing functions within the Protection Segment.This position reports directly to the Protection Segment Head and will work closely with the segment management team to successfully deliver market growth objectives. This position will have direct reports of Product Portfolio Management, Distribution and Product Marketing, and Competitive Intelligence.As a member of the Protection Segment Management Team, the position will actively participate in the leadership and strategic direction of the segment. The position is a member of the Product Development Advisory team that will advise on the product development process and ensure adherence to goals and product strategy. The position is a voting member of the Market Opportunities Committee which provides strategic leadership for all market-facing activities of the Retail Business Unit. Working with key cross-functional stake holders, including Product Development, Sales & Distribution, external distribution partners and vendors and others.Responsibilities
- Accountable for product planning and development
- Accountable for the development of the near- and long-term product roadmap and strategy
- Accountable for overseeing the initial ideation, concept analysis and assessment of new product concepts
- Accountable for the go-to-market strategy and execution for new products
- Accountable for all marketing efforts for the life segment
- Oversee distribution marketing efforts to promote F&G products and value-add components
- Oversee product marketing efforts including general product marketing collateral, product promotional programs and competitive differentiation marketing efforts
- Accountable for market competitive Intelligence and team.
- Provide leadership and prioritization of the activities, analysis, and detailed reporting of the competitive intelligence team.
- Collaborate with business leaders to define requirements for market intelligence reporting with a focus on helping to identify market opportunities to drive business results.
- Active in industry committees and study groups to be aware of market forces and trends that will influence the company’s product strategy and marketing programs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years progressively more responsible experience in the financial services industry with a concentration on a variety of life insurance and annuity products
- Strong understanding of various independent distribution models for life insurance and annuities required
- Experience with the marketing of life insurance and annuity products required
- Strong understanding and familiarity with products, distribution, customers and regulatory requirements within the insurance and registered products space preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including requisite communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to collaborate with a wide range of teams and individuals to achieve a common goal
- Ability to articulate an inspiring vision for the organization
- Inclined to seek and analyze data/information from a variety of sources to arrive at the best decisions and to align others with the organization’s overall strategy
- Ability to lead and excel in a fast-paced production environment while addressing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to delivering accurate information on schedule
- Appropriate priority setting, resource assessment, and delivery management
- Perform other functions, duties and projects as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Some travel required (less than 10%)
Additional InformationWork EnvironmentsF&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you’ll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: F&G CareersAbout F&GSince 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.Link: Top WorkplacesNotice for all Applicants who are California residents under the California Privacy Rights Act. Please click here to review the policy.