So you are intrigued about Wink’s Sales & Market Report, but you still have some questions…no worries! Our fabulous ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ will resolve any outstanding quandaries you have.
HOW DO YOU GET THE DATA FOR THIS REPORT?
- Directly from the insurance companies
- Typically, the actuarial, competitive intelligence, or accounting department provides the data
- We send a survey form to participants four times a year
DOES EVERY COMPANY CONTRIBUTE DATA FOR THE REPORT?
- No, but almost
- Historically 99% – 100% of sales have been represented in our report
- We despise estimating sales; we work hard to establish reporting relationships
- If an insurer wants to participate, without being identified, we let them report anonymously
HOW FREQUENTLY IS THE REPORT PUBLISHED?
- Quarterly The insurance industry’s #1 resource for sales data!
- Typically 45 days or so after the close of the quarter
- At times, the report’s release is delayed due to late earnings calls with some insurance companies
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PUBLISHING THIS REPORT?
- This report has been published since 1997
- Tracking the sales of indexed insurance products longer than any other source
- Assembled by a team of experts for more nearly two decades
DIDN’T THIS REPORT USED TO BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE
- Formerly known as Advantage Equity Index Sales Report
- Formerly known as Advantage Index Sales Report
- Formerly known as Advantage Index Sales & Market Report
- Formerly known as AnnuitySpecs.com’s Indexed Sales & Market Report
- Now known as Wink’s Sales & Market Report *whew*
DO YOU TRACK SALES BY PRODUCT?
- You betcha!
- Offered to participating companies on a quid pro quo basis
- Where else can you get sales data at this level?
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- We’re coming at you live from the 515
- That’s Des Moines, Iowa
- The second-largest insurance capital in the United States