Inaccurate clickbait annuity articles
November 7, 2023 by Ashley Kilroy
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WOAH!
Oh, SmartAsset– you drive me crazy with your inaccurate clickbait annuity articles! Click HERE to read 8 Reason Annuities Might Actually Be a Bad Investment For You
1. Annuities can be complex. This is why having a trusted insurance agent is important.
2. Sales agents MUST disclose an itemized list of annuity fees.
3. Annuities have more liquidity than alluded; typically 10% of the annuity’s value can be withdrawn annually, without penalty.
4. Indexed annuities may cap their returns, but they also promise no less than 0% interest earnings annually.
5. Your heirs receive the deferred annuity’s full value upon death.
6. Annuities have a safety net in the guaranty fund association, which functions similar to FDIC insurance. (That said, it is not backed by the full faith and credit of the government.)
7. The suggestion to seek-out a “fee-only planner,” to speak about annuities is potentially problematic, as annuities are outside of most fee-only planner’s repertoire.