Assistant Director of Client Services – Retail Annuity Services
February 5, 2024 by Virtual Career Fair
What You’ll Do:
The Assistant Director of Client Services is a critical business role that leads a team within retail Annuity Services which serves as the internal consultant(s) for customer accounts, products and services!
As the Assistant Director of Client Services, Annuity Services you’ll:
- Lead a team to achieve efficient, timely, and cost-effective policies and processes for the business unit to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulation affecting business unit products and services. This includes providing mentorship on sophisticated compliance issues.
- Research and share legislative, regulatory and industry developments with the team
- Research, develop and recommend innovative operational solutions to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Identify, define, and resolve any situations that do not follow company standards for quality or that do not meet state and federal insurance and securities laws and regulations.
- Develop and promote education for field management, agents, brokers, and other business unit employees to ensure that business activities are conducted ethically, honestly, and according to company, industry, and regulatory guidelines.
- Lead and/or participate on higher level special projects critical to the growth of the business unit and corporate.
- Responsible for optimally leading performance, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring. Accountable for efficiency of the team, focusing on results that ensure compliance to meet business goals
Operating at the intersection of financial services and technology, Principal builds financial tools that help our customers live better lives. We take pride in being a purpose-led firm, motivated by our mission to make financial security accessible to all. Our mission, integrity, and customer focus have made us a trusted leader for more than 140 years!
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 8+ years of related business experience, including supervisory experience required.
- Series 6/26 or 7/24 REQUIRED.
- Expert and broad legal and technical knowledge of pension laws & regulations, plan and contract provisions required.
- Must have high level of creativity and sophisticated analytical skills
- Strong team building, critical thinking and leadership skills required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and strong presentation skills
- Travel may be required.
Ideal candidate would be local to our headquarters, Des Moines – Iowa.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly)
$123000 – $167000 / year
This role offers in-office, hybrid (blending at least three office days in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements (only if residing more than 30 miles from Des Moines, IA, or Charlotte, NC). You’ll work with your leader to figure out which option may align best based on several factors.
At this time, we’re not considering applicants that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States. This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Asset Management positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
At Principal, we value connecting on both a personal and professional level. Together, we’re imagining a more purpose-led future for financial services – and that starts with you. Our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees. And we support our employees the same way we support our customers: with comprehensive, competitive benefit offerings crafted to protect their physical, financial, and social well-being. Check out our careers site to learn more about our purpose, values and benefits.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We will accept applications for 3 full days following the Original Posting Date, after which the posting may remain open or be removed based upon applications received. If we choose to post the job again, we will accept additional applications for at least 1 full day following the Most Recently Posted Date. Please submit applications in a timely manner as there is no guarantee the posting will be available beyond the applicable deadline.
Original Posting Date
Most Recently Posted Date
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag