Director, Advanced Sales: League City, TX
February 5, 2024 by Virtual Career Fair
Director, Advanced Sales
American National is seeking a full-time, Director of Advanced Sales to lead the Life and Annuity Distribution Advanced Sales Department. In this role, you will actively build professional and impactful relationships, network, present content in both a formal/non-formal setting, develop action plans that support long-term goals, and always pursue ways to do things better than before. To be successful, you should be a people driven person who enjoys conversation, who is knowledgeable in life and annuity sales, estate planning, retirement planning, business succession planning, and premium financed life insurance.
Candidate Placement Options: League City or Galveston, Texas
How you will make an impact:
- Partner with both the internal sales teams and agents to enhance the marketing and sales of American National life and annuity products
- Provide advanced estate planning support for agents, including the design and creation of estate planning proposals for use with clients and their clients’ financial advisors to result in life and annuity sales
- Support agents with advanced retirement planning strategies that lead to life and annuity sales
- Collaborate with directly with agents and external wholesalers to provide brainstorming of case issues and help remove barriers to sales
- Engage with Marketing Creative Services to develop materials and content with advanced life and annuity sales ideas and concepts
- Create presentations on relevant sales ideas and education that can be presented directly to agency groups either in person, virtually or made available to external wholesalers to present
- Provide support for producer groups with questions regarding the proper use of life and annuity products
- Evaluate potential premium finance cases to ensure they fit within American National’s guidelines and risk tolerance
- Evaluate potential premium finance companies to make sure their case design, platforms and solutions are consistent with American National’s guidelines and risk tolerance
- Create advanced illustrations and case presentations using InsMark Illustration System for the field and external wholesalers
- Stay apprised of industry publications and attend industry sessions to retain and enhance knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (JD. highly beneficial/Preferred)
- CFP., or CPA. designation preferred
- Insurance industry professional with a minimum of four years of life insurance and annuity advanced sales experience
- Public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage and partner with agents and insurance salespeople
- Ability to travel to agent offices, attend conferences, and represent American National in the field
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
American National offers eligible employees and their families medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees also receive annually a bank of paid time off and paid holidays. We aspire to see people for what they bring to our corporate culture by supporting an inclusive work environment, including an emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, development opportunities, and a casual dress code.
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. With focus on our organization’s values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal. Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
American National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected categories. American National is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.