Internal Annuity Wholesaler: Minnesota/Hybrid
February 5, 2024 by Virtual Career Fair
About the job
*At Securian Financial Group the internal title for this position is Internal Sales Sr. Analyst.
Securian Financial is currently hiring an Internal Sales Sr. Analyst (Internal Annuity Wholesaler) to join our fast-paced sales team working with our annuity product line. This position will provide a variety of services and support to our external facing sales team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partner with an External Wholesaler to develop and execute on territory sales plan.
- Creates and identifies sales opportunities through proactive and follow up sales calls.
- Cultivate new annuity sales opportunities and further develop existing financial advisor relationships within the focus list.
- Help coordinate and execute territory marketing campaigns, call campaigns, and other sales activities that drive territory growth.
- Effectively utilize sales and marketing resources to increase annuity market share.
- Track and report activity metrics via SalesForce CRM.
- Provides reactive sales support on incoming calls, as subject matter expert on all annuity solutions.
- Self-starter willing to take on responsibilities beyond what is required; volunteers to take on new assignments.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a moderate level of guidance and direction
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to succeed in fast paced, sales oriented, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge in the annuity or life insurance wholesaling space in the financial service industry.
- Previous inside or outside sales experience.
- Previous wholesaling or related experience in the financial services industry.
- FINRA Series 6/63 and state Life/Health Insurance licensures.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we’ve outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Securian Financial, we encourage you to apply!
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually and in our offices. If you’re in a commutable distance (90 minutes) you’ll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at least two days per week isn’t feasible (vacations, illness, travel, etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 1-4 hours per day.
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 6-8 hours per day.
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Be you. With us. At Securian Financial, we understand that attracting top talent means offering more than just a job – it means providing a rewarding and fulfilling career. As a valued member of our high-performing team, we want you to connect with your work, your relationships and your community. Enjoy our comprehensive range of benefits designed to enhance your professional growth, well-being and work-life balance, including the advantages listed here:
Paid time off:
- We want you to take time off for what matters most to you. During your first year of hire, you receive a prorated bank of personal days and vacation time depending on your month of hire.
- Leave programs: Securian’s flexible leave programs allow time off from work for parental leave, caregiver leave for family members, bereavement and military leave.
Company-funded pension plan and a 401(k) retirement plan: Share in the success of our company. Securian’s 401(k) company contribution is tied to our performance up to 10 percent of eligible earnings, with a target of 5 percent. The amount is based on company results compared to goals related to earnings, sales and service.
Health insurance: From the first day of employment, associates and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners and children – are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage.
Volunteer time: We know the importance of community. Through company-sponsored events, volunteer paid time off, a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program and more, we encourage you to support organizations important to you.
Associate Resource Groups: Build connections, be yourself and develop meaningful relationships at work through associate-led ARGs. Dedicated groups focus on a variety of interests and affinities, including:
- Mental Wellness and Disability
- Pride at Securian Financial
- Securian Young Professionals Network
- Securian Multicultural Network
- Securian Women and Allies Network
- Servicemember Associate Resource Group
For more information regarding Securian’s benefits, please review our Benefits page.
This information is not intended to explain all the provisions of coverage available under these plans. In all cases, the plan document dictates coverage and provisions.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance or any other protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone 651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).